Section 21113A of the California Vehicle Code grant the authority for the Marin Community College Police Department to enforce ALL Vehicle Code violations on the parking lots and roadways within College District property. In addition, the District may adopt it's own regulations, to provide adequate parking and the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicles.
The following information is posted at the entrance to college parking lots:
- Valid properly displayed parking permits are required at all times (Sundays, and school holidays excluded.)
- Staff permits must be displayed in designated staff areas
- Park in marked stalls only
- Obey posted signs and markings
- No parking between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Vehicles parked over 72 hours will be towed at owner's expense
- Illegally parked vehicles will be cited or towed
- Speed limit 10 mph
- Authority by 21113A CVC
- Vehicles parked in lot 13 (free parking lot) must be parked perpendicular facing a log or boulder, no parking between 5 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- No motorhome or bus parking in any lot/team buses must make arrangements with the Physical Education Department and Police Department prior to arrival
- Upper Parking Lot 5 at the Indian Valley Campus in Novato is free parking. The area is designated with yellow lines painted on the ground. If the free parking area is full visitors must use another lot and purchase a parking permit.
The above regulations apply 365 days a year unless otherwise noted. Illegally parked vehicles can be cited and/or towed, even if the class is not in session. Read all signs and road markings carefully. Be sure to park only in a marked stall, clearly display your permit, and lock your vehicle.
Parking permits are required Monday through Saturday (except school holidays) even if a class is not in session.
Pay Parking Citation
- You may pay your citation by mailing the fine to the address indicated on the citation.
- You may pay by phone by calling 1-800-989-2058. When using the automated service, please have your citation number or vehicle license plate number available.
- You may pay your citation online at www.citationprocessingcenter.com
- If you have questions regarding your citation, read the back of the citation carefully.
- If you still have a question, you may call the College Police at:
Kentfield Campus – (415) 485-9455
Indian Valley Campus – (415) 883-3179
- You may also call the Marin Parking Authority at 1-800-989-2058. When using the automated service, please have your citation number or vehicle license plate number available.
To set up a payment plan, citizens can contact Citation Processing Center at 800-989-2058. There is a $25.00 administrative fee that is added to the first installment of the payment plan to start this service.