The College of Marin Police Department is now accepting applications for Police Cadets. This is a temporary, hourly position for students who are taking courses at the College of Marin. Police Cadets may work up to 25 hours per week and work schedules may vary.
Examples of duties include:
Giving directions and assistance to the public; escorting students, staff, and visitors; parking enforcement; unlocking/locking doors; providing assistance and traffic control at special events.
- 18 years of age
- Valid California driver’s license
- Free of any Felony convictions
- Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to pass a thorough background investigation, including a fingerprint check with D.O.J./F.B.I.
If you are interested, please submit an email. email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must be a College of Marin student enrolled in at least six (6) semester units with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better at time of hire
- To maintain eligibility for continued employment, Cadet must be enrolled as a student in six (6) semester units or equivalent with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better at an accredited college or university.
All completed applications and application materials will be screened to ensure that the minimum requirements stated in the job announcement are met. Those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to the college for an interview/examination.
Equal Employment Opportunity
College of Marin District provides all applicants for district employment with equal employment opportunities and provides present employees with training, compensation, promotion, and all other attributes of employment without regard to a person's race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, veterans' status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity or disability.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation for the application, testing or interviewing processes should contact the Human Resources Department at the time of application submission.